SEO is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. It depends on the knowledge of the current search algorithms of particular search engines, experience, and the ability to utilize this understanding to maximize profits. But the algorithms themselves change constantly, and marketing companies come up with innovative techniques too.
To be competitive in the SEO market, specialists need to continually evolve as professionals, expand their skill pool, and gain experience. There are many ways to do that – from free courses to advanced internships in the world’s leading companies. And, of course, visiting specialized conferences brings a lot of opportunities too:
- gain valuable acquaintances;
- share your experience and learn from other attendants;
- get a better understanding of the current market situation;
- be a part of interesting and fun events.
So, attending such events is the perfect way to have a lot of fun while gaining precious knowledge.
How to Get the Most Out of SEO Events
Just like anything in this sphere, however, going to SEO conferences requires knowing a few tricks here and there. It allows you not to waste time and only do what’s useful for your development and has entertainment value. No matter whether the event is virtual or held in an offline format, knowing what to do and how to spend time efficiently is key.
Here are some tips for visiting SEO events.
- Plan everything ahead. Analyze what information on the conference you have and come up with what’s the most important to you.
- Talk to people. Networking is a very important part of such events because in today’s market conditions, finding the best talents is pretty challenging.
- Set goals and be active. Don’t just be there. Come up with what particularly you want to get from the event and do everything to achieve the goals.
To make things even easier for you, we created a list of the eight most worthy upcoming conferences dedicated to social media marketing, lead generation, ROI, SEM, and many other aspects of SEO. Of course, the list includes all the details like prices, locations, and event descriptions.
However, to play it safe, always check up on the information before the events, as some specifics (like dates) may be changed.
Best SEO Conferences in 2022
In an array of SEO events, choosing the best SEO conferences to attend is a tricky task. Here are our top picks that you should consider:
B2B Marketing Expo (April 6-7)
B2B Marketing Expo is among major global marketing and search engine conferences, which usually takes place in several locations around the world. In April this year, the event will come to Los Angeles, California, to gather the top marketing experts across North America under one roof. The agenda is truly packed:
- Educational masterclasses, which are free of charge, are a great chance for marketers to learn about overcoming common struggles like a lack of time, endless to-do lists, and dealing with serious challenges.
- Masterclasses are hands-on courses to provide not only theoretical knowledge but also practical application. Discover how to apply the latest solutions to real-world industry scenarios.
- Sessions from 200+ speakers will become the source of valuable insights from market leaders like Google, SalesForce, Sociallyin, Facebook, and AAAZA Culture Cycle.
- B2B Marketing Awards is an exceptional way to pay tribute to those who have launched a product, service, or strategy and made the greatest impact on the industry’s prosperity.
- A networking area is where you can build meaningful connections with like-minded professionals. Whether you want only to chat or launch an innovative solution together, it’s up to you.
DigiMarCon Great Lakes (June 6-7)
Detroit is hosting this year’s DigiMarCon Great Lakes, which isn’t just any SEO conference but a top-rated event in the world of digital marketing. The good news is that you don’t have to actually attend and join virtually instead. The agenda includes such topics as:
- Next-gen of technology and innovation
- Internet, mobile, AdTech, MarTech, and SaaS technologies
- Different types of marketing, including behavioral & neuromarketing, content, conversational, account-based marketing, and others
- SMM trends
- Paid search
And these are just a few examples of what will be discussed during the two days in a community-based setting. The main focus of the 2022 edition will be on audience development, building traffic, creating brand awareness, improving customer service, and utilizing digital tools better to ensure more efficient business outcomes.
One more thing that makes this event stand out is that it combines theoretical framework with practical implementation. In other words, you won’t just listen to what leaders have to say. You will be able to explore big ideas from top innovators, which may subsequently become a starting point for transforming your approach to digital marketing and SEO.
Why Visit an SEO Event
SEO is an area that changes rapidly. It means that in order to provide relevant solutions, a specialist needs to stay on top of current trends, which keep evolving. Search engine conferences are an opportunity to find out what the future holds from leading experts in the field. Besides, you can:
- Establish meaningful connections: Networking is a must in any event, be it a huge expo or a smaller conference. Be it local or global, you can meet like-minded professionals to discuss your successes and failures, forecast future trends, and brainstorm how to address them efficiently.
- Showcase your expertise: If you aren’t an amateur or at the beginning of your career, you may want to let the world know about your achievements. An event about SEO is an amazing chance to speak up, develop your personal brand, attract investors’ or clients’ attention.
- Learn from hands-on experience: Keeping pace with the SEO industry isn’t enough to deliver quality solutions. You have to take into account possible risks and be able to utilize the latest techniques and tools to drive meaningful outcomes for your clients. Therefore, learning how leaders overcome barriers or utilize cutting-edge tools will give you a competitive advantage.
- Find out top practices from market experts: Analyzing case studies that are publicly available is a hard fight to win because practically no one shares full details online. However, top SEO specialists often do this during their keynote sessions.
Finally, search engine optimization conferences are always fun. And they are back in an offline format after some COVID restrictions were lifted. So, you can collect insights and current trends while enjoying your time with the community members.
The opportunities such conferences bring are obvious. However, no matter how much useful information you absorb, one man doesn’t make a team.
The success of every project depends on the team as a whole. It has been proven by Develux that building a dedicated team can not only positively impact performance but also bring profits and even new business opportunities.
So, attend the SEO conferences to boost your skills and use Develux specialized services to create an expert, dedicated team!
Previous Conferences for 2021
Pubcon Florida (August 3-5)
Pubcon is a top conference for expanding your skill pool and getting to meet interesting personalities in person. It was called the most important event for marketers and SEO specialists by Forbes. The reasons to attend it are numerous:
- Experienced speakers. They are specialists in all spheres of digital marketing who share their precious knowledge with each other and visitors.
- Networking opportunities. There will always be enough time to have interesting conversations during breakfast and lunch, as well as other scheduled breaks.
- Content quality. Everything present on Pubcon is there for a single goal – to provide you with valuable data that can be used to maximize the profits and efficiency of your strategies.
- Takeaways. Each presentation during the event provides you with at least one takeaway for your business at the end, making it stand out from other SEO conferences.
- Post-event material. All attendees are provided with a printed manual, as well as downloadable presentations from the SEO conference itself.
As you can see, Pubcom gives you a lot of opportunities to learn. Listen to speakers and watch their presentations, and you’ll get a lot of valuable insights and find out some profitable techniques. It is an especially important event for those who are interested not only in SEO(for example casino seo) but in digital marketing in general.
Pubcon is held in Miami, Florida, and has tickets for both virtual and in-person visitors. The prices vary from 700$ to 1500$ and can be paid even with cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin. Also, there are group discount options.
Engage (August 5-6)
Engage is a virtual SEO conference that covers all the different aspects of digital marketing while still focusing on search algorithms and their optimization. The event takes two days, during which the attendees will have a lot of chances to get useful data on many subjects while listening to the experts and sharing the experience with each other.
The main focus of it is to provide the virtual visitors with valuable educational sessions. For that, this SEO event presents an impressive list of speakers that includes Frederick Vallaeys, Marcus Harvey, Lauren Teague, Matthew Clyde, and other well-known names in the digital marketing world.
What’s also important is that even though Engage is a virtual conference, it still presents a lot of opportunities for networking. Getting new acquaintances is almost as easy as in real life. That’s because the event is aimed at the collaborations between the attendees, providing them with as many chances to discuss the topics and work together as possible.
What makes Engage one of the best SEO events of the year is the fact that it gives the attendees a chance to qualify for 25 Professional Development Units as Online Search Marketing Professionals. It is a well-appreciated certification among the online marketing community.
The ticket prices are still to be determined. However, if you pre-order the 2021 tickets, you’ll save 99$ on the next year’s ones. So, it’s recommended to buy them right now, as there’s no chance you’ll be disappointed by Engage. And note that there are also group discounts.
DeepSEO (September 7-8)
DeepSEO is a virtual conference with very affordable ticket prices. But we’ll get to the tickets later. Now, let’s talk about the reasons to attend this event and all the benefits you’ll get.
The first and foremost advantage of DeepSEO is that all the sub-conferences are held in the same room. No more choosing between the speakers that are holding lectures at the same time. Every one of them will come each after another with breaks in between to make sure you have time to analyze the information and let it sink into your mind.
Another point that distinguishes this one from other SEO conferences is the organizers’ efforts to make networking as easy as possible. This is done by the said consecutive schedule and the opportunities for private and group conversations.
The topics include everything regarding search engine optimization, with speakers being experienced specialists who work for market-leading companies. They will not only tell you about all the different aspects of it but also teach you how to utilize particular techniques in different aspects to your advantage.
After each session, there will be a section dedicated to answering the attendees’ questions, ensuring that no one leaves with insufficient knowledge. Also, after the end, you’re provided with video material of everything that was present at the event.
The tickets cost only 50$, making it one of the most affordable virtual conferences ever. But don’t be confused by the low price: the quality of the content is on the highest level.
Content Marketing World (September 28 – October 1)
As the name of the event suggests, Content Marketing World is focused on the marketing of digital content. Held in Cleveland, Ohio, it will present you with more than 120 hours of valuable insights on digital marketing and SEO 2021. And, of course, it’s possible to attend the conference virtually.
The topics cover all the different aspects of this sphere. No matter your specialization or experience in this industry, it’s a perfect chance to gain a lot of knowledge by listening to famous speakers and working together with other specialists.
The speakers’ include Melanie Daizel, Ann Handley, Marcus Collins, Andrew Davis, and many others! The list of companies attending the event is impressive too:
- Western Digital;
- Lockheed Martin;
There will be more than 3000 attendees and 550 companies, not counting the ones already mentioned in the list. That means this is one of the best SEO conferences for networking ever. It has never been so easy to get new acquaintances from the sphere and recruit talented people for your projects before.
Just think about all the potential partnerships and great dealings that can be made during the event, with all the bright minds present there.
Regarding the tickets, the prices start at 700$ and end at 2400$. For those who are planning to be there in person, there are special hotel discounts. In addition, there are discounts for groups and non-profit organizations.
Inbound (October 12-14)
Inbound is an online meeting dedicated to SEO. It’s called a meeting and not a conference because it has a different format from what you’d usually expect from an event like this.
What makes it different from other SEO conferences is that attendees are presented with not only countless opportunities to learn but also the ability to become important parts of a community. That means you’ll not only listen to experienced speakers but have a chance to almost become one yourself by discussing everything and presenting your ideas.
The education content itself is on the top level, involving the best experts in the sphere. Oprah Winfrey, Brian Halligan, Dharmesh Shah, Sarah Paiji Yoo, and others will talk about the media, its specifics, and interactions with digital marketing and SEO,like gambling SEO.
During the three days of the event, you’ll have access to Spotlight and breakout sessions, which are the exclusive sub-conferences of Inbound. After the end, all the attendees are provided with the complete collection of content available for download.
The sessions themselves will present you with a lot of expert knowledge. There will also be many case studies, serving as perfect examples to analyze different strategies and techniques, identifying their advantages and disadvantages.
But what’s even better, there’s a free ticket available. Logically enough, it grants limited access, but it’s still a very good chance to study SEO. For those who are willing to get more for a reasonable price, the Powerhouse pass costs 120$ and gives you a complete Inbound experience.
Ad World (October 27-29)
Ad World is not only the world’s largest advertising event but also the most important one of the year for digital marketers and SEO experts. All in all, it’s the ultimate conference for anyone in the industry.
This year, due to well-known circumstances, the event will be held online. However, it won’t have any impact on its scale and the quality of content. The list of tracks is huge and looks like this:
- content marketing;
- conversion optimization;
- SEO & SEM;
- the future of advertising;
- performance design & creatives;
- social media marketing & influencers;
- email marketing & automation;
- media buying;
- growth hacking.
That means everyone will get their share of knowledge, as this is an SEO conference too. But what’s the most impressive part is the sheer statistics. More than 70000 attendees from 160+ countries will be present, making it a global event. The companies attending it are known worldwide, as they are the largest international conglomerates.
For example, Google, TikTok, Snapchat, Amazon, Microsoft, Alibaba, Reddit, Spotify, RedBull, IBM, Outbrain, and many others will be present on AdWorld. Just imagine all the possibilities to meet experts from all around the world and share knowledge with each other.
There is no better chance to get valuable insights and learn innovative techniques such as for example casino social media strategy, as there will be 100+ speakers with unique topics. All that said, this is one of the year’s must-attend SEO events.
The tickets cost 800$ for individuals and 1000$ for companies, presenting each category with bonuses and one week of free access to video materials after the end.
State of Search (November 1-2)
The name of this one of the SEO conferences speaks for itself. It’s dedicated to the current state of search engines, their optimization, and technologies that allow to improve them and gain profits.
It’s a virtual conference organized by a non-profit organization Dallas/Fort Worth Search Engine Marketing Association, which means that you could only expect top-level quality in every aspect.
The speakers who will share their experience with attendees have been in this industry for decades and know every single part of it. They are real experts who helped shape SEO 2021 as a whole, bringing their innovative techniques and improving the old ones. For now, the names include Eric Enge and Greg Gifford, but other well-known speakers are to be announced very soon.
You’ll have real opportunities to learn practical knowledge from these specialists during their sub-conferences. Because as already mentioned, those are the real battle-scarred veterans of search engine optimization. It doesn’t matter whether you work in-house for casino seo agency or own a business in this industry; the knowledge you’ll get during the State of Search will help you maximize efficiency and profits on every step you make.
As the organizers say themselves, this is THE Conference, meaning that it’s one of this sphere’s most important events in the year. For anyone interested in SEO and digital marketing in general, buying the tickets for the State of Search is a no-brainer. Right now, the tickets are worth 350$, but changes in the price are expected later.
SMX Build (December 14)
SMX build was originally meant to be an offline SEO conference New York but then was announced to be held in digital format. But it doesn’t matter much because what’s important is the skills you can obtain while attending this event. There are many reasons why you should add the online visit to SMX Build into your plans for December.
- Trustworthy content from reputable speakers – SMX Build invites leading experts from digital marketing and SEO. They are experienced professionals who know their trade and are ready to teach attendees some interesting tricks and techniques.
- Overtime Q&A. After the main part of the event is finished, there will be a separate section for visitors’ questions.
- Access at any time – don’t worry if your time zone or any other circumstances make it impossible for you to attend the SMX Build. All the content will be available online on demand, meaning that it can be accessed when it’s convenient for you
Also, note that the list of companies attending this search engine conference includes such well-known names as FedEx, Disney, Nordstrom, Hilton, Reebok, T-Mobile, and many others.
To make sure you always remember all the valuable knowledge you get during SMX Build, every attendee will receive an exclusive digital badge and Certificate of Completion.
So, sign up for the registration opening notifications now to make sure you don’t miss your chance to buy the ticket. The prices aren’t determined just yet, but considering the SMX Convert (August 17) tickets cost 100$, we expect SMX Build ones to be just as affordable.Plan Your Future Wisely
For your utmost convenience, we created a chart where you can see the information about all SEO conferences side by side.
|Pubcon Florida||August 3-5, 2021||Miami, Florida/Online and Offline||700$-1500$|
|Engage||August 5-6, 2021||Online||TBD|
|DeepSEO||September 7-8, 2021||Online||50$|
|Content Marketing World||September 28 – October 1, 2021||Cleveland, Ohio/Online and Offline||700$-2400$|
|Inbound||October 12-14, 2021||Online||0$-120$|
|Ad World||October 27-29, 2021||Online||800$-1000$|
|State of Search||November 1-2, 2021||Online||350$|
|SMX Build||December 14, 2021||Online||TBD|